"EVERY SECOND OF LIFE IS A NEW CHANCE TO START OVER." Cathy Guisewite

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Canvas


One of the things I had to decide when I started painting was what type of canvas or board I would use. I like the convenience of these little canvas panels for several reasons, the most important one being price. I don't feel as bad when I mess up because I didn't spent $20 for my work surface. I was worried about their durability since they are rather thin but after having a conversation with a person at a local framing shop, I was more confident in their ability to last. She took me back into her work room to look at a canvas panel that had been painted 40 years previously. It was in perfect condition and the owner of the painting had only brought it in for a new coat of varnish. Now on some paintings, Freedom, I am using a more standard framed canvas. I also have a small package of claybord that I want to try at some point. It's fun seeing what the paint does when applied to different surfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment