"EVERY SECOND OF LIFE IS A NEW CHANCE TO START OVER." Cathy Guisewite

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gulls

I've read that sharks can smell the most minuscule drop of blood in the water. I think the same is true of gulls and french fries. Now, I know they are scavengers and I'm not recommending feeding the gulls french fries, especially: since I don't want to be responsible for any birdy heart attacks due to deep fat fried food consumption. I needed, no, wanted close up pictures for possible paintings so, my guy and I headed for the beach with our styrofoam container of congealing french fries. As soon as one gull spotted the container the word was out and suddenly there were 30 or more gulls flying around. I step to the side and ready my camera, he gets ready to throw the first fries in the air and...throws...them...straight...at...me. Now I'm not a yeller but when 30 gulls suddenly flocked in my direction, I may have raised my voice a teeny tiny bit because there was that 1/10th of a second when a gull foot was pressed down on the top of my head while it plucked a french fry out of my hair. Needless to say, my guy got the point and started to throw them away from me. He later told me his reasoning was that I wanted closeups and what better way than if they were flying toward me. Uh-huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment