"EVERY SECOND OF LIFE IS A NEW CHANCE TO START OVER." Cathy Guisewite

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Crabby Story

A couple of years ago my guy and I went to South Padre Island, Texas to attend the beach wedding of my youngest sister. Now, the first night there everyone in the wedding party met at one of the steak and seafood restaurants on the island. It was early August and SPI is always crowded at that time of year.  The restaurant was packed and the wait staff harried.  I didn't want to hold anyone up so I quickly decided on a fried seafood platter not really thinking much about what it was. After a while, my plate arrives and everything on it...is brown. Fried... brown... everything. My guy raised his eyebrows at me and I just shrugged and started in on my uniform colored selection. I was trying the crab and I guess I must have looked a little strange because my guy asked me if everything was alright. I told him I hadn't realized crab was so crunchy. He gives me this horrified look and says he didn't realize I didn't know. Huh??? Apparently, unknown to me, when they fry crab they stuff the meat back into the shell, dip it in breading, and fry it, shell and all. No wonder it was a tad on the crunchy side.

Moral of the story: Fried food is probably bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment